Skip to main content

Recess: A Prime from the Future. From the Old Futurism archives.

Good day Everyone, I decided to do something quite unusual today, so I logged into Mind-Sumo, and made out for the post that won me my highest win yet; that was about two years ago, and I was one of the top scorer. Its been a while since I have taken up a challenge, and so $44.50 is yet my highest win. I'm not really particular about the money, but what exactly made me top the charts.

The challenge goes thus;
What experience would you want to send long distance from person to person?

Small pic senses
Prompt: Imagine you leave New York  City in January and fly to Miami. As you drive into the city, the breeze carries the salty scent of ocean air into your open window. The warm setting sun paints the horizon pink and orange against the rows of palm trees. In the city, you follow your nose to a food truck by a park, where you eat an arepa and listen to a conga band. If only you could share the full experience with your friends in cold, grey New York!
Now imagine a future where it is possible to fully send any experience from person to person over vast distances. You no longer need to be in the same place at the same time to convey full sensory experiences (smell, taste, feel, et cetera). The question becomes: what exactly would you want to send, if you can?

Deliverables:
Tell us what sensory experiences you want to send from person to person. Specifically:
  1. Describe, in detail, the types of experiences you would want send or receive from person to person.
  2. Give us an idea of how, hypothetically, such experiences may be conveyed in the future.
  3. What kind of technology--such as 4G, 5G, 6G systems or something completely new--would be needed?
    Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
  • Meets Deliverables
  • Creativity
  • Clarity

My Submission goes thus:
---
This Idea would indefinitely change our life's and and our life style, racing us to the future.
This futuristic idea really poses to the mind endless possibilities both advantageous and detrimental to the world and everyone within.
I live in Nigeria and what we do have here physiologically and the sensations we get are quite different, so are my ideas and my view on this issue.
As I said earlier, about the ubiquity of ideas probable from this subject. I would start with respect to my area of skill and specialization, Biotechnology. It has since history began been deemed an impossible feat based on its knowledge and theories, for two people to share semantic experiences with one another, but since the advent of cell-cell signaling, it has since then been hypothesized that such signaling could be done from person to person in a way different from that which we already know.
I would like in particular to do many things with this futuristic technology.
What if during the outbreak of Zika or Ebola virus, instead of running expensive tests on patients for diagnosis, physicians could semantically feel what the patients feel, and from there on, run a self-diagnosis, speeding up the discovery and administration of drugs.
 
Virtual Reality:
This idea struck my mind some moments after I started pondering on this question. The world of proposed-reality and unreal-real, has developed tremendously since the beginning of this century, but with this technology, virtual reality comes easier and faster, since life experiences and feelings captured by my senses can be sent over long distances to the intended receiver. Some of my proposed uses are listed below;
 
To the handicap and less privilege: I was acquainted to someone also staying at my hostel. He had poliomyelitis virus and of course always has someone truck him around.  I deduced from the little time spent with him, that there are many things he would like to engage in that he probably only has dreams of. Sports like swimming, or cycling with friends or maybe enjoying at the water-slide. We all know that isn't possible in reality. Come to think of this, if I went cycling or jacuzz-ing and could share to him how tiring the muscles feel while cycling, or how the legs jump of the board and how the body is curved towards the water when diving, or how the board feels against the sliding snow and the terror of the avalanche behind. These are experiences that would bring joy unbound to him, letting him less time to think about vanity.
 
Sport Realities : I'm a little apathetic towards sport; like football, but I have friends who could give-up everything else to be in in the stadium or court (here comes the muse). Even if these fantasies are only opened and bottled in the mind, they would at the least love to feel Messi's feet as he dribbles an opponent or Buffon or Casillas as he dives or stunts for the ball. The wrestling and smack-down fanatics would love to follow the game feeling as every fist is thrown, and as every body is slammed, Ha ha, that might be a little bit harsh, but fanatics would love it. I could feel the shot-put or javelin in my grip and as I release its weight with precision. It is a very amazing experience everyone would like to take a part of.
 
Pen Realities : I very well do write poems and working on my first novel. What if I could share the same feeling with every one reading each line of my poem, or I as J.R. Tolkien, could reveal to filmmakers and actors what and what I thought whilst writing The Lord Of The Rings. This is one superb experience film producers are ready to achieve at every point. Even though it might have it cons in the industry, but its pro's would especially glimmer.
This technology could also improve parent-children communication. If I were a dad, I would especially like to teach my growing kid ethics and moral without much stress. I also would like to share to them how I killed a snake twenty years ago, and what taste the meat gave after roasting. This would be some solid flash-back transfer. Also reversibly, If I were a mum, I would like to understand the reason why my baby is crying, not just stuffing its mouth with toys or milk, hoping that would help. I would also like to understand my toddler's real needs and how to satisfy at the moment. 
This tech could come in handy for both private and government security services, as information would available to everyone concerned as it happens. Information could be transferred from one soldier to another and to the commander. This information heightened liquidity would improve the success of the mission and better protection for the state.
 
 
These experiences could be transferred from person to person or persons using a mechanical cap, that recognize the brain synapses, or electrical signals, just like the electroencephalograph (for the heart), and records information and replicates them in the head(s) at the receiving end.
The bulkiness of such device could cause various stations to be provided at strategic easily accessible points of the state. These stations would when a solid connection is been established, harvest information in form of signals from the receivers point and convey it through other stations till it gets to the receiver's end. The cap might also be optimized to bypass the 'run-and-stops' on the transmission line by getting transferred to the intended receiver directly. The cap should have some form of portable workstation either present on a mobile system or on the cap itself, to navigate through links and receivers in order to pick the intended. The cap's system should contain a accept/decline command for accepting or refusing undesired connection, thus management is set at basic.
There are several iterations that can be made on the cap, making it fit, user friendly, and safe.
 
The fastest technology. Maybe the highest G.
The network chosen should be capable of transferring large bulk of info at instant speeds.
Also cryptographic mechanisms should be taken to prevent crackers from sensitive info.

What do you think? Let's hear it with the comments box.

Get engaged, Comment and Share. We appreciate you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vagabond - Miyamoto Musashi

I fatefully stumbled upon a prominent Japanese beacon, whilst surfing through their in-despicable preserved heritage. This writer, and author of  The Book of Five Rings, the brilliant strategist and Buddhist, started forging his history-long prestige. After being foretold his destiny, he set out at the age of 16, into the world ; into the wild ; into the wind of knowledge. No sane one keeps the story; I've been portioned a ruthless glory; The earth has smouldered my feet; As it ventured past the smoking trees; The self-will blazes; Just as Fire to my Cold. The years had slowed down; It drilled me by the sword; I slowed down my heart; And trimmed off my own soul; In order to learn that much; I'm finally free and un-catchable. I've come too far to see the end now; Even if my way is wrong; But I'll keep pushing on. *Wa-l-k on So-n* Miyamoto Musashi Get engaged, Comment and Share. We appreciate you.

Spotlight.

A fantasy love poem. I held on to the bar and glided through its slide; It came past the fire and I pushed past the rocks; I passed through quaking fears and broken dreams; I came to a point where all hope seemed lost. The end seemed never coming; I saw it thinner and thinner into the forest; I ran out of vigor and almost dropped my hold on; But your voice sounded and reinforced my hope; When the slightest slumber sufficed, your whisper woke me; And hastened my way towards the spotlight; I had to get into the clouds, I need to be with the stars. At a time I was drawn towards the mountain; A very high mountain, it touched the clouds; Feeling ecstasy and terrified amidst the birds that cheered; I got to the top with only little time to live the moment; And was sent down towards the ground with brute force; I fell from the bar, and lost my grip, free falling; I tried to scream and call for help, But the air forcefully ; Pushed my voice far into my lungs, I coul

Philosophy of Limbo Synchrony- Eye Into Perception ....1

Have you ever experienced happenings in the Dream which perfectly happens in-sync with happenings in the Real world?  You're just realising that actually happens?  You've never even noticed? You'd better start noticing this beautiful connection Mother Nature  actually bridged. And if we're in similar category,  who have actually noticed, it's time we get our philosophy potentials up the chart. It's said 'Curiosity kills the cat',  but I'm sorry THIS cat has 9 killable lives', If you're really good at it,  I'll scar you on 5 and dislodge your cervicals on 8, Pretty Simple. I had tripped into sleep,  months ago, when I encountered this phenomenon. It felt like a coincidence, until the 2nd and 3rd, did I believe it is an actual happening. It happened a few more times after that, like it had programmed intervals. I haven't quite figured that out. I'll make sure you know in the next serie. In the dream I had at first. I looke